Is “whom” history?
Keep those entries coming for the Questions To Which The Answer Is No competition. My generous publisher, Elliott & Thompson, will give 10 signed copies of my QTWTAIN book to the finders of the best new QTWTAIN in newspapers or on the internet.
The only rule is that the author or publisher of the question has to imply that the answer is yes. Submit your entry on Twitter, using the hashtag #WINQTWTAIN, with a link, or in the comments.
Which reminds me of the dialogue that Ted Buttrey sent me three years ago from a long defunct cartoon strip called Pogo (1964-75): “Whom is going to do this dirty job, whom?” ”Youm, that’s whom.” ”Moum??”
Number 854, meanwhile, was asked by the Daily Mail:
Was Mossad behind the Alps murders?
Number 855 was asked by Labour List:
Could a Financial Transaction Tax be the answer to the local government squeeze?
And number 856 by the Telegraph:
Is the afterlife full of fluffy clouds and angels?
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter