Must watch: Air New Zealand releases Hobbit safety video
Air New Zealand have unveiled their latest flight safety video for passengers, however unlike most videos this one has a surprising Tolkien twist.
Ahead of the release of The Hobbit later this year, the airline in partnership with design company the WETA Workshop have produced An Unexpected Briefing. The four-minute video contains all the usual information when flying, such as turning off electrical devices, making sure passengers know where the emergency exits are, and stowing luggage during takeoff and landing.
The video is presented by two elves who take viewers through the safety guidelines while the ‘passengers’ on the airplane consist of mythical creatures from Middle Earth including Hobbits, Dwarves and Orcs, the pilot is even a wizard reminiscent of Gandalf.
Director Peter Jackson who made The Lord of the Rings trilogy and has directed The Hobbit makes a cameo in the short video before putting on the ring and vanishing. The first part of The Hobbit is due to be released in December this year with Martin Freeman starring in the lead role as Bilbo Baggins.Tagged in: air new zealand, Bilbo Baggins, fantasy, Lord of the Rings, martin freeman, Peter J, The Hobbit
Recent Posts on Arts
- The Children’s Book Blog Christmas Countdown: Christmas Stories by Michael Morpurgo
- Review: Last Tango in Halifax – Series 2, Episode 4
- Doctor Who - 'The Time of the Doctor' trailer
- Interview with singer songwriter Ayanna: 'In creating music, I experience a powerful exchange of energy'
- Tapesh & Maximiljan look back on 2013
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter