Must watch: Air New Zealand releases Hobbit safety video
Air New Zealand have unveiled their latest flight safety video for passengers, however unlike most videos this one has a surprising Tolkien twist.
Ahead of the release of The Hobbit later this year, the airline in partnership with design company the WETA Workshop have produced An Unexpected Briefing. The four-minute video contains all the usual information when flying, such as turning off electrical devices, making sure passengers know where the emergency exits are, and stowing luggage during takeoff and landing.
The video is presented by two elves who take viewers through the safety guidelines while the ‘passengers’ on the airplane consist of mythical creatures from Middle Earth including Hobbits, Dwarves and Orcs, the pilot is even a wizard reminiscent of Gandalf.
Director Peter Jackson who made The Lord of the Rings trilogy and has directed The Hobbit makes a cameo in the short video before putting on the ring and vanishing. The first part of The Hobbit is due to be released in December this year with Martin Freeman starring in the lead role as Bilbo Baggins.Tagged in: air new zealand, Bilbo Baggins, fantasy, Lord of the Rings, martin freeman, Peter J, The Hobbit
Recent Posts on Arts
- 2000Trees Festival: Mighty Oaks from Little Acorns Grow
- The Xcerts: ‘Shaking in the Water’ video stream
- Friday Book Design Blog: Series special - Amos Tutuola and Jane Austen
- Interview with Jamie Lenman: “This time, I was 5 years heavier and 5 years more banjo!”
- Children’s Book Blog – books for July: Eric, the Boy Who Lost His Gravity, The Moomins and Tape
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter