iBet: Sunderland and Aston Villa are stuggling for goals
Sunderland v Aston Villa, Saturday, kick off 3pm
Lay over 3.5 goals at 3.5 to one with Betfair
Although I’m slightly wary of an under pressure Martin O’Neill opening things up in a bid to find goals is his team, the stats point firmly to this being low scoring. Sunderland are averaging a shot on target only every 20 minutes. They have scored only six goals in eight games and fans watching their last six Premier League fixtures have seen just 1.66 goals per game. Villa for their part are also finding it very difficult to find the net. Indeed they have scored just twice in their five away fixtures. The Midlanders’ 2-0 win against Swansea wasn’t just their only win at this level since March, it was the only time they have scored more than once in the top flight since then as well.
Manchester United have played 14 competitive fixtures this season and they have conceded in all but two of them. Ladbrokes, Betfair and Betfred offer 4/6 about both teams scoring in their 12.45 Saturday kick off with Arsenal. It’s 12/5 with William Hill that there will be a red card.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: Look each way for value in The Cote D’Azur Open
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: We could have been on the tour of Siberia over past 72 hours
- Nike kit deal puts England at No 2 in the world (but which country is top?)
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter