iBet: Southampton’s Achilles heel is obvious
West Bromwich Albion v Southampton, kick off 8pm
Lay under 1.5 goals at 4.3 to one with Betfair
Back Shane Long to score at any time at 13/8 with Boylesports
Southampton’s Achilles heel is obvious. Their total of 26 goals conceded in the first nine matches is the most in the history of the Premier League – if they carry on at that rate they will have shipped 110 over the season, 10 more than Swindon did in the 1993/94 season to set the current record. And they are particularly porous away from home. The 16 goals Nigel Adkins’ men have conceded on the road in just four games is four more than anyone else. On the flip side they do know how to score and away from home their games average over five goals apiece. Five of the last nine meetings between the teams have ended all square and the draw is a general 11/4, with West Brom a best price of 4/6 to win with Ladbrokes, Coral and William Hill and Southampton 21/5 with Boyle Sports. It’s 8/11 with Stan James that the game finishes over the 2.5 goals line.
West Brom striker and penalty taker Shane Long has opened the scoring three times this season and betting comparison site Oddschecker.com shows Bet365 offering the best price about him doing so again at 11/2. He will surely fancy his chances against the Southampton back four and the 13/8 about him scoring at any time looks a bet.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter