It’s time for a ban
The writ of the Banned List inquisitors runs far, wherever the English language is spoken and especially wherever it is written down. But there is a specialist squad that devotes itself purely to the banning of undesirable headlines on comment articles.
After a conversation last weekend with my good colleague Amol Rajan, editor of The Independent’s online comment pages, Independent Voices, I can report that the following three kinds of headlines are now banned:
“X must do Y“;
Let’s cease and desist.Tagged in: banned list
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter