Paws for thought: Why we’re still a nation of animal lovers
LOL of Cats: Felines, Photography and the Web at the Photographer’s Gallery in London opened last month and features images of cats getting ‘cat shamed’, in-bread cats (where a feline’s face is pushed into a piece of bread) and many other ‘unique’ images.
Then from January Reigning Cats and Dogs will be opening to the public, the exhibition is at the Royal West of England Academy in Bristol, and takes a satirical look at man’s furry friends.
Another feline-fantastic exhibition opening next year will be Lolcat – Teh Exhibishun with photographs of cats in comical poses. This one will be at the Framers Gallery in London – no doubt there will be more to follow.
Just why the Lolcats has proved to be so successful is not quite clear however this phenomenon is slowly taking over the nation.Tagged in: lolcats
Recent Posts on Arts
- Crowds at Lahore Lit Fest ignore bomb risks and raise hopes for Pakistan’s future
- Rolo Tomassi Interview: “It's comforting to know that we've not been treated as a novelty”
- Goblin's Claudio Simonetti on Profondo Rosso reaching the big 4-0
- Friday Book Design Blog: The Ecliptic, by Benjamin Wood
- Ask the Author: Vivian French
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter