Paws for thought: Why we’re still a nation of animal lovers
LOL of Cats: Felines, Photography and the Web at the Photographer’s Gallery in London opened last month and features images of cats getting ‘cat shamed’, in-bread cats (where a feline’s face is pushed into a piece of bread) and many other ‘unique’ images.
Then from January Reigning Cats and Dogs will be opening to the public, the exhibition is at the Royal West of England Academy in Bristol, and takes a satirical look at man’s furry friends.
Another feline-fantastic exhibition opening next year will be Lolcat – Teh Exhibishun with photographs of cats in comical poses. This one will be at the Framers Gallery in London – no doubt there will be more to follow.
Just why the Lolcats has proved to be so successful is not quite clear however this phenomenon is slowly taking over the nation.Tagged in: lolcats
Recent Posts on Arts
- Introducing Axes: Exclusive Album Stream
- The Xcerts Exclusive Album Stream and Interview: “We definitely feel like it’s our time. We want to step out of the shadow of other bands.”
- Friday Book Design Blog: Collier Books - great paperback design... and some of the worst Narnia covers I've seen
- Pulled Apart By Horses' European tour diary
- Friday Book Design Blog: Fitzcarraldo Editions
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter