Paws for thought: Why we’re still a nation of animal lovers
LOL of Cats: Felines, Photography and the Web at the Photographer’s Gallery in London opened last month and features images of cats getting ‘cat shamed’, in-bread cats (where a feline’s face is pushed into a piece of bread) and many other ‘unique’ images.
Then from January Reigning Cats and Dogs will be opening to the public, the exhibition is at the Royal West of England Academy in Bristol, and takes a satirical look at man’s furry friends.
Another feline-fantastic exhibition opening next year will be Lolcat – Teh Exhibishun with photographs of cats in comical poses. This one will be at the Framers Gallery in London – no doubt there will be more to follow.
Just why the Lolcats has proved to be so successful is not quite clear however this phenomenon is slowly taking over the nation.Tagged in: lolcats
Recent Posts on Arts
- Friday Book Design Blog: Here
- A shouting economic adviser, a Nobel Laureate and a rock star scientist on stage at the Jaipur lit fest
- Children’s book blog – the last post!
- Children’s books for December: Herman’s Letter, The Yeti Files, Greenglass House and Winter Damage
- Friday Book Design Blog: The Ariel Poems, and other seasonal pamphlets
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter