Top of the posts: Mitt Romney, Skyfall and Heathrow expansion
This week the focus was firmly on the US Presidential elections which saw Commander-in-Chief Barack Obama going head-to-head with Republican candidate Mitt Romney in the race to the White House. Obama emerged victorious but in the run up to deciding day comedian Erich McElroy shared his thoughts on Romney.
While in the world of arts, the latest James Bond offering Skyfall is still riding high at the box office, Kieran Turner-Dave looked at product placement in the franchise and in other films.
Meanwhile Steve Watkins discussed the travails of owning a wood but explained why he is still not going to be giving up his plot of land despite the hard work it requires.
In light of Sharon Osbourne’s announcement that she had a double mastectomy in order to minimise the risk of breast cancer, secondary breast cancer patient Ismena Clout talks about Osbourne’s decision and end of life decisions.
Also, in health James Legge spoke to the mother of a drug addict and the stigma she faced as a result of her son’s problem.
Here are the most read blogs from the past week, as determined by the stats:
1. Google Play Music and Movies heading to Google TV in the UK next week by Alex Masters
2. Tactics Talk: Arsenal uninspired as Manchester United coast to win by Jonny Boyle
3. If Mitt Romney wins, what will the world get? by Erich McElroy
4. Product placement in ‘Skyfall’ is nothing to James Bond films by Kieran Turner-Dave
5. Secondary breast cancer: It’s all in the ending by Ismena Clout
6. Why Heathrow will never expand by John Rentoul
7. Must watch: Chris Rock’s message to voters by James Legge
8. It costs £5,000 to turn a house into a home by Alex Johnson
9. The stigma of drug addiction: “I felt inadequate, inferior, ashamed” by James Legge
10. Owning a wood: My rural idyll wasn’t exactly what I expected by Steve Watkins
Recent Posts on Uncategorized
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter