iBet: Barnet continue to improve with Edgar Davids
Barnet vs Accrington Stanley, League Two , kick-off 8pm
Lay Accrington Stanley at 2.1 to one with Betfair
A speculative but perhaps decent value trade for Friday evening is to bet on Barnet to at least get a draw at home to Accrington Stanley.
On the face of it this might seem a bit crazy. Barnet are only saved from propping up the League Two table on goal difference by Aldershot, with only 13 points from their 17 games. Accrington are seven places and eight points above them. However, a look at the six-match form table gives a different impression, with Accrington rock bottom with only one win and four goals in that run, and Barnet the eighth best team in the division over the last six games.
It’s all coincided with Edgar David’s arrival, and indeed they are seven points from their last nine and their last two home league matches have produced their first two home wins of the season, a 4-0 thumping of Northampton followed by a 1-0 victory over Torquay. Despite a very ropey start to the season, Barnet’s home goal difference is only minus three and they have clearly improved markedly.
Arsenal versus Tottenham has seen more draws in Premier League history than any other fixture (17). It’s a best price of 11/4 with Bet365, Stan James and BetVictor that we’ll see another this weekend.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Football
- Newcastle don't need a football director - they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
- Bayer Leverkusen are the real winners from Andre Schurrle's transfer to Chelsea
- End of the beginning: Confederations Cup an important World Cup yardstick for Brazil
- From Manchester United to Merlot: Sir Alex Ferguson could make a fortune investing in wine claims expert
- New day (slowly) rising - As Brasileirão gets underway, Brazilian football stumbles, rather than leaps into the future
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter