Top of the posts: ‘Gangnam Style’, Benny Benassi and Google Nexus
K-pop smash hit Gangnam Style could have opened the door for other non-English language music acts, according to Dr Sean Carey, who says that the future is bright for new music artists from emerging economies.
This Wednesday was World Diabetes Day and to raise awareness of the condition, Laura Cleverly wrote a poignant piece about her own diagnosis. She also talked about looking out for the 4 Ts of diabetes: tiredness, thirst, thin and toilet which are the main symptoms of the disease.
Amid the Lance Armstrong and cycling doping fallout, tennis player Andy Murray spoke out about drug-testing in his own sport. Charles Reynolds interviewed Dr Stuart Miller, head of the International Tennis Federation’s science and technical department, the organisation responsible for the majority of drugs testing in tennis, in order to find out how the current system works.
This year The Landscape Photographer of The Year competition was marred with scandal when the winner was disqualified, however Alex Hare looked beyond the controversy and at some of the stunning images that were submitted. He also interviewed the judge and founder of the competition Charlie Waite.
Here are the most read blogs from the past week, as determined by the stats:
1. Could ‘Gangnam style’ be a game-changer for the international music scene? by Dr Sean Carey
2. UK retailers slash £20 off 32GB Nexus 7 price by Alex Masters
3. The Photography Blog: Landscape Photographer of the Year by Alex Hare
4. Google Nexus line-up sells out in minutes by Alex Masters
5. Doping in tennis: Is Andy Murray onto something? by Charles Reynolds
6. Living with diabetes: Watch out for the 4Ts – tiredness, thirst, thin and toilet by Laura Cleverly
7. Child abuse: Rochdale MP calls for “the truth” about Sir Cyril Smith by Brian Brady
8. Benny Benassi: ‘I’m not even sure what house music is anymore’ by Chris Mckay
9. Google Play Music heads to the UK and Europe this November by Alex Masters
10. Twitter’s 6th Birthday: A look back by Chloe Hamilton
Recent Posts on Uncategorized
- F.N.Souza sets a $4m auction record for an Indian painting
- The consistent and the insistent: Thom Browne, Hood by Air, Diane von Furstenberg and Altuzarra, in New York
- India and Pakistan's abandoned talks show how little can be achieved
- The Haute Route: Day 5 'The Time Trial'
- ArcTanGent Interview: ‘It’s like being part of a secret club’
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter