iBet: Don’t expect goals at Upton Park tonight
West Ham v Stoke, Premier League, kick-off 8pm, Sky Sports 1
Lay over 3.5 goals at 3.4 to one with Betfair
West Ham are building their season around solid defence. They have conceded only 11 goals in 11 games.
Indeed only Manchester City and one other team have let in fewer, and that team is Stoke who have shipped only ten. Everyone knows that Stoke don’t play an expansive game, but they have a formula that has established the team in the middle reaches of the Premier League – no small feat for a club with the limited budget that Stoke has. West Ham’s home games average 2.5 goals. Stoke’s away games are higher scoring than their home fixtures, but average only 2.3 goals.
This could be a match in which two teams of similar philosophies cancel each other out and the value could be to bet against four goals or more.
Some interesting results at the weekend have seen the odds for relegation from the Premier League shaken up a bit. Southampton are a best priced 8/11 (Bet365), QPR also now 8/11 (Paddy Power), Reading 5/6 (Stan James), Norwich 2.2/1 (Betfair) and Aston Villa 9/4 (BetVictor).
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Football
- The Football Lawyer: The career of a Premier League footballer is similar to that of a City professional
- Ibet: Argentina Look The World Cup Bet At 13/2
- The Football Lawyer: Brazil, Qatar, Manchester City and FFP - some legal homework for the summer months
- Ibet: Sit Back And Enjoy As Real Madrid Take On The European Champions
- Ibet: Real Madrid To Get The Job Finished In Dortmund
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter