iBet: Don’t expect goals at Upton Park tonight
West Ham v Stoke, Premier League, kick-off 8pm, Sky Sports 1
Lay over 3.5 goals at 3.4 to one with Betfair
West Ham are building their season around solid defence. They have conceded only 11 goals in 11 games.
Indeed only Manchester City and one other team have let in fewer, and that team is Stoke who have shipped only ten. Everyone knows that Stoke don’t play an expansive game, but they have a formula that has established the team in the middle reaches of the Premier League – no small feat for a club with the limited budget that Stoke has. West Ham’s home games average 2.5 goals. Stoke’s away games are higher scoring than their home fixtures, but average only 2.3 goals.
This could be a match in which two teams of similar philosophies cancel each other out and the value could be to bet against four goals or more.
Some interesting results at the weekend have seen the odds for relegation from the Premier League shaken up a bit. Southampton are a best priced 8/11 (Bet365), QPR also now 8/11 (Paddy Power), Reading 5/6 (Stan James), Norwich 2.2/1 (Betfair) and Aston Villa 9/4 (BetVictor).
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Football
- Ibet: Newcastle struggling to cope with loss of Yohan Cabaye
- Time for Manchester City to step up to the plate
- The Football Lawyer: Once Brazilian players prove their European ancestry, it's still not easy for them to settle
- The Football Lawyer: Uefa has made moves to stamp out racism, but only time will tell if they grow more forceful
- The Wasteland: Cruzeiro's Brazilian title triumph turns Rio and São Paulo into footballing tiddlers
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter