iBet: Back Juventus to beat Chelsea in Turin
Juventus v Chelsea, Champions League Group E , kick-off 7.45pm, ITV 1
Back Juventus at 10/11 with Paddy Power
Lay under 1.5 goals at 3.4 to one with Betfair
After a whirlwind start to the season, some of the lustre seems to be wearing off Chelsea’s performances a little – indeed the manager is said to be under pressure following their loss to West Brom at the weekend.
They face a mighty task trying to come away from their visit to Turin with anything. Juventus fell 2-0 behind in the reverse fixture at Stamford Bridge in September thanks to two goals from Oscar inside three minutes. But the Italians carried plenty of threat themselves up front and did brilliantly to come back to draw 2-2. Juventus won the shot count 16 to 10 in that game, and were arguably unlucky not to win on the night.
With Group E leaders Shakhtar playing whipping boys Nordsjaeland tonight, this is a huge game for both managers, but I fancy the home side to come out on top.
There have been 21 goals in Chelsea’s five European games so far this season for an average of over four a game, and with Serie A leaders Juventus being the highest scoring team in their domestic league, it would be a surprise if there were not at least two tonight.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Football
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- Anthony Knockaert and other examples of sporting justice
- The feel good factor in Belo Horizonte may not extend to the Brazil national team
- Surprise package St Etienne clinch first major trophy for 32 years
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter