iBet: Back Juventus to beat Chelsea in Turin
Juventus v Chelsea, Champions League Group E , kick-off 7.45pm, ITV 1
Back Juventus at 10/11 with Paddy Power
Lay under 1.5 goals at 3.4 to one with Betfair
After a whirlwind start to the season, some of the lustre seems to be wearing off Chelsea’s performances a little – indeed the manager is said to be under pressure following their loss to West Brom at the weekend.
They face a mighty task trying to come away from their visit to Turin with anything. Juventus fell 2-0 behind in the reverse fixture at Stamford Bridge in September thanks to two goals from Oscar inside three minutes. But the Italians carried plenty of threat themselves up front and did brilliantly to come back to draw 2-2. Juventus won the shot count 16 to 10 in that game, and were arguably unlucky not to win on the night.
With Group E leaders Shakhtar playing whipping boys Nordsjaeland tonight, this is a huge game for both managers, but I fancy the home side to come out on top.
There have been 21 goals in Chelsea’s five European games so far this season for an average of over four a game, and with Serie A leaders Juventus being the highest scoring team in their domestic league, it would be a surprise if there were not at least two tonight.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Football
- The Football Lawyer: Uefa has made moves to stamp out racism, but only time will tell if they grow more forceful
- The Wasteland: Cruzeiro's Brazilian title triumph turns Rio and São Paulo into footballing tiddlers
- From the Centipede to the Rat Hunter – How Brazil’s longest suffering club escaped from the wilderness
- Fifa threatens Brazil with World Cup expulsion (almost...)
- The Football Lawyer: Qatar 2022 compensation claims and the problem with quotas
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter