iBet: Manchester City have lost the plot in Europe
Manchester City v Real Madrid, Champions League, kick-off 7.45pm, Sky Sports 2
Back over 2.5 goals at 1.58 with Betfair
Manchester City have to go for wins in all their remaining Champions League games and hope for the best.
Real Madrid will want to finish above Dortmund and win the group, so the dynamics of this game suggest that it should be entertaining. It certainly was in the reverse fixture at the Bernabéu when Manchester City went 2-1 ahead with five minutes to go and still lost 3-2 thanks to late goals from Benzema and Ronaldo. It was wide open match with 37 attempts on goals – which equates to one every two and half minutes. City’s forwards warmed up nicely for this with a 5-0 thrashing of Aston Villa at the weekend, while Real Madrid were putting five past Athletic Bilbao.
Mancini’s men certainly have the players to test Madrid but they seem to have lost the plot in Europe and if you had to press me for an outright bet I would also lay the home side at the 2.25 to one available with Betfair.
Zenit have been in good domestic form in Russia up to their abandoned game at the weekend but if Malaga play at full strength side tonight the 4/1 about them winning does looks like value – the Spanish group leaders beat them 3-0 at home and also won 3-0 in Anderlecht.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Football
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- Anthony Knockaert and other examples of sporting justice
- The feel good factor in Belo Horizonte may not extend to the Brazil national team
- Surprise package St Etienne clinch first major trophy for 32 years
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter