iBet: Expect goals at Anfield tonight
Liverpool v Young Boys, Europa League kick-off 8.05pm, ITV 4
Back over 2.5 goals at 8/11 with Betfair
Back Liverpool to win at 4/9
Liverpool’s Premier League games have hardly been full of goals – in fact they have managed to find the net only eight times in seven domestic fixtures. But that contrasts with their Europa League form which has seen 15 goals in four games and tonight they play a team that appears to committed to attacking football.
In fairness the relative goal glut in this competition has been largely influenced by two results – a 2-3 home loss to Udinese and a crazy game in the reverse fixture when they beat Young Boys 5-3 in Switzerland. Since they reached the group stage, goals have been a feature of all of Young Boys games – there have been 19 in their four fixtures at an average of getting on for five a game. With Brendan Rodgers surely tempted to field a stronger team tonight than he has up to now, possibly including Luis Suarez, the bet looks to be for Liverpool to win the tie on the night at 4/9 and for there to be goals again.
The pitch in Mumbai might help England’s seamers more than Ahmedabad, but there will still be plenty of people sorely tempted by the even money about India winning again in the second test, which starts tomorrow. England are best priced 5/1 (Sporting Bet) with the draw a top price of 15/8 with Stan James.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Football
- Ibet: Newcastle struggling to cope with loss of Yohan Cabaye
- Time for Manchester City to step up to the plate
- The Football Lawyer: Once Brazilian players prove their European ancestry, it's still not easy for them to settle
- The Football Lawyer: Uefa has made moves to stamp out racism, but only time will tell if they grow more forceful
- The Wasteland: Cruzeiro's Brazilian title triumph turns Rio and São Paulo into footballing tiddlers
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter