The solo sailing blog: Necessary repairs
I’m in the South Atlantic with about 14 knots of wind.
It’s 30 degrees and the conditions are actually quite stable. I’m going to try and make the most of it and focus on fixing the hydrogenerator while I have the opportunity to do so. As you all saw, I’ve had a few problems with it and I need to utilise the time I have to get this sorted.
Last night I was able to laminate the brackets and dry fit the new bolts but to be honest it’s not the greatest repair – a bit rough and ready (Alex style!) It got dark before I was able to finish properly so I’m aiming to get this finished this morning.
I managed to get as bit of sleep last night but my sleep is still up and down. As soon as I’m able to get the hydro fixed, I’ll be able to get into a better routine again. Today is all about making the necessary repairs ….once that’s sorted I can go back to focusing completely on my sleeping and my sailing.
I’m still in sixth so hopefully once I’ve caught up on a bit of sleep, I can carry on and push forward.Tagged in: Alex Thomson, knots, sailing, solo sailing, south atlantic
Recent Posts on Notebook
- In the 'European Month of the Brain' should we be open-minded about spiritual solutions?
- Hearing loss: An invisible impairment and a preventable disability
- Barking Blondes: When to vaccinate
- Enslaved to maize: Why we need to re-think Malawi's agricultural future
- The real ghetto superstar: Why Floyd Mayweather is no Muhammad Ali
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter