Top of the posts: Anti-Bullying week, Homeland, Di Matteo and Sir Attenborough
This week was Anti-bullying week and to raise awareness of this issue, Lauren Seager-Smith from the Anti-Bullying Alliance (ABA) wrote a piece that exposes a research and case studies that show how much can bullying affect children’s life performance as they are scared of being talented and brilliant.
As followers of the American TV show Homeland wait anxiously for the next episode, Charles Reynolds keeps its track and reviews the latest episode ‘The Clearing’, saying that it cranked up the tension a couple more notches.
Following more TV programmes, the Blog’s Editor Neela Debnath reviewed the Misfits – Series 4, Episode 4 and welcomes the festive season with ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special, revealing the short trailer introduced by Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman, who will be playing the new companion.
Last Wednesday Chelsea’s fans woke up to the news that the Club’s manager Roberto Di Matteo was sacked on the previous night after the Blues’ defeat to Juventus. Amid controversy on its Russian owner Roman Abramovich, Varun Mathure justifies the decision, suggesting that Di Matteo wasn’t a big name and that perhaps the victories over Barcelona and Bayern Munich ‘were achieved through a healthy dose of good luck and opportunism’.
Looking into arts, science and technology Peter Cooper interviews Sir David Attenborough on his new project The Penguin King 3D, a dramatic tale of the incredible life lead by a male King Penguin on the island of South Georgia. Attenborough tells him what’s behind the project, how special are penguins and what does 3D bring to the wildlife documentary.
Here are the most read blogs from the past week, as determined by the stats:
1. Are Chelsea really the villains for sacking Di Matteo? by Varun Mathure
2. Review of Homeland ‘The Clearing’ by Charles Reynolds
3. Review of Misfits – Series 4, Episode 4 by Neela Debnath
6. Bicep on record shopping and their love affair with vinyl by Marcus Barnes
9. Nexus 10 orders shipping within 24 hours, despite stated 2-3 week delay by Alex Masters
10. Anti-bullying week: Children are scared to be brilliant, to shine by Laura Seager-SmithTagged in: adebayor, Anti-Bullying Week, Attenborough, clearing, di matteo, doctor who, homeland, Juventus, Misfits, Nexus, Nexus 10, The Penguin King 3D, top of the posts
Recent Posts on Uncategorized
- Palm Reader: Beside The Ones We Love
- Lost in the Riots Interview: ‘If you’d told us we’d be going to Europe with this band four times, we would've told you to bugger off!’
- Mother's Day message from Rainbow Trust
- Hawk Eyes – ‘Everything is Fine’ Album Stream
- Pianos Become The Teeth Interview – “With 'Keep You' we felt like we could stretch our wings"
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter