Solo sailing blog: A day of hyrdogenerator repairs
It was another bright early morning today. I was glad to see daylight. After another Lapskaus dinner last night, I went into darkness as I was heading into the first Southern Ocean depression. It was a beautiful sunset, but it was gusting 30 knots and I took in a reef as it got dark. I didn’t get much sleep.
Today has been another day of hyrdogenerator repairs so far. I thought I had fixed it yesterday but it looks like there are still some issues and they are not charging meaning my communications are limited today as I try to conserve power. I feel like my race has been dominated by this. I am starting to get a little tired of hydro repairs to be honest. It would be good just to be able to concentrate on sailing again.
I still have to shave my beard! Everyone voted on Facebook for me to shave it into Fumanchu style. I think I am getting pretty close to having enough to make this happen. I just need the rough seas to calm a bit before I get out a razor!
You can follow me on twitter @alexthomson99 for regular updates throughout the day.Tagged in: Alex Thomson, hyrdogenerator, Lapskaus, sailing, solo sailing, Souther Ocean
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: Look To The Lady In The Prince Of Wales
- iBet: Favourites have a good record in the Coventry stakes
- Newcastle don't need a football director - they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
- iBet: Italy may be more focused on the Confederations Cup than Mexico
- Bayer Leverkusen are the real winners from Andre Schurrle's transfer to Chelsea
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter