Inspiring Teenager from Sierra Leone turns trash into technology
Meet Kelvin Doe, an inspiring 15 year old from Sierra Leone who repurposes rubbish to create his own electronic gadgets. Known in his community as DJ Focus, because of his belief in focusing the mind to invent new things to better his own life and the lives of those in his community.
Kelvin has attracted the attention of the like of MIT, becoming the youngest person in history to be invited in their ‘Visiting Practitioner’s Program. Kelvin’s story is a fascinating and inspiring one, and well worth a look.
Even in some of the most impoverished places, there are individuals as young as Kelvin who are striving to better their lives and the lives of others around them through the power of technology and engineering.
If you work in a school, play this video to your students!DJ Focus, Kelvin Doe, MIT, school, sierra leone, THINKR
Recent Posts on Notebook
- Justice for sale but who pays for the cost?
- The Road to the Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc - Majorca 70.3 Ironman
- The Retail Ready People project means the future of the high street is in your hands
- Don't get mad about Amazon and make the right ethical choice
- Chagos: Conservationists are swimming in murky waters
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter