Are Hobbits Blue Labour?
Is the Shire one nation? Are hobbits blue Labour?
It was asked by Ian Stewart at Labour Uncut. As Politics and Tea commented, the whole film needs rewriting, with Gandalf played by Maurice Glasman: “At the end of the film, Smaug is convinced to move to a new mountain which has a tougher penal policy and the local council has greater control over local decision making.”
Could the secret of the country’s success be connected to local appetite for exceedingly smelly fish?
Those are, then, numbers 886 and 887 in my series. Keep the QTWTAIN coming in. Two more signed copies of the book to be won next week.
Photograph of Peter Jackson, director: GettyTagged in: headline, qtwtain
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter