Not sorry now: a Lib Dem success story
Just when you thought the Liberal Democrats were incapable of getting anything right their national press office has pulled off a double triumph. They have produced the first issue of a new magazine for party members, AdLib, and to judge from Twitter reactions, the customers are mostly satisfied.
And last night their team came a triumphant second in the Press Gallery quiz, beaten only by a hybrid from the Bloomberg Agency and Sunday Telegraph. Sky News came a shameful last, doing notably badly on the picture round, but had half an excuse in that the weighty Adam Boulton was not there. As for the Conservatives, they came last two years ago, failing even to identify some of their own ministers, and have not fielded a team since.
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Why it took fewer pages to set out the laws Margaret Thatcher's government passed
- The day the police came for the man who now runs the Care Commission
- David Cameron and other virile swimmers
- Nadine Dorries's new business: an engineering consultancy that has become a media consultancy
- The day Boris Johnson nearly set about slaughtering London's foxes
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter