iBet: Aston Villa and Stoke find it tough to score
Aston Villa v Stoke, kick off 3pm
Back under 2.5 goals at 8/11 with Stan James
Back 1-0 Stoke correct score at 8/1
It’s hard to imagine a goal fest in this match-up between two teams that can defend but find it hard to score. Only QPR, Sunderland and Stoke have scored fewer home goals than Villa, but they have only conceded eight in seven games at Villa Park that have averaged 2.28 goals, and three of those came in one game, against Manchester United. They are also improving and have shipped only one goal in their last three game, which have finished 0-0, 1-0 and 1-1. United played a wide open game at Villa Park and that will not be the case with Stoke, who have let in only 12 goals in their 15 Premier League fixtures this season. They have also only scored 14 and are one of those sides that are very hard to break down if they score first, which makes 1-0 to the away side (8/1 with BetVictor) a runner and worth a small wager.
Tomorrow’s top-of-the-table clash is quite hard to call from a result point of view, although laying Manchester United at 2.45 to one with Betfair against unbeaten Manchester City looks the value call. It’s not in Alex Ferguson’s nature to play for the draw and that should lead to chances at both ends. You can back over 2.5 goals at 8/11 with Ladbrokes. The game kicks off at 1.30pm.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Football
- The Football Lawyer: Uefa has made moves to stamp out racism, but only time will tell if they grow more forceful
- The Wasteland: Cruzeiro's Brazilian title triumph turns Rio and São Paulo into footballing tiddlers
- From the Centipede to the Rat Hunter – How Brazil’s longest suffering club escaped from the wilderness
- Fifa threatens Brazil with World Cup expulsion (almost...)
- The Football Lawyer: Qatar 2022 compensation claims and the problem with quotas
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter