Kwasi Kwarteng on the naughty step
Kwasi Kwarteng, Tory MP for Spelthorne has just a regal ticking off from the Deputy Speaker, Dawn Primarolo, for getting up to leave the Commons chamber straight after adding his ha’pence worth to a debate on the economy.
“Where are you going?”she demanded. “It’s usual to listen to the debate if you’ve intervened.” He sat down looking rather like the boy on the naughty step.
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Why it took fewer pages to set out the laws Margaret Thatcher's government passed
- The day the police came for the man who now runs the Care Commission
- David Cameron and other virile swimmers
- Nadine Dorries's new business: an engineering consultancy that has become a media consultancy
- The day Boris Johnson nearly set about slaughtering London's foxes
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter