Top of the posts: Google Zeitgeist, viral videos and David Cameron talks about tantric speeches
As 2012 draws to a close, Google released its list of the most searched for terms this year, Alex Masters looked at some of the biggest search trends in the UK.
Meanwhile George Arnett gave a rundown of the top viral videos of this year which included K-pop smash hit Gangnam Style, Nick Clegg’s apology song and the short film of James Bond escorting the Queen to the Olympics opening ceremony.
In the world of arts Charles Reynolds reviewed the latest episode of US drama Homeland.
Down at Westminster Andy McSmith gave readers some snippets from the Press Gallery lunch at the Commons, where David Cameron joked that his long awaited speech on a referendum on the EU would be a ‘tantric’.
Here are the most read blogs from the past week, as determined by the stats
2. Review of Homeland ‘Broken Hearts’ By Charles Reynolds
4. Cameron’s after lunch slip By Andy McSmith
5. What did we search for in 2012? The Google Zeitgeist reveals all. By Alex Masters
6. Lionel Messi in numbers: Is the Barcelona player the greatest-ever footballer? By Majid Mohamed
7. From Gangnam Style to Nick Clegg’s apology song: The top viral videos of 2012 By George Arnett
8. UK retailers slash £20 off 32GB Nexus 7 price By Alex Masters
9. Cameron: “We are raising money for the rich” By Andy McSmithdavid cameron, Google Zeitgeist, homeland
Recent Posts on Uncategorized
- Palm Reader: Beside The Ones We Love - Exclusive Album Stream
- Lost in the Riots Interview: ‘If you’d told us we’d be going to Europe with this band four times, we would've told you to bugger off!’
- Mother's Day message from Rainbow Trust
- Hawk Eyes – ‘Everything is Fine’ Album Stream
- Pianos Become The Teeth Interview – “With 'Keep You' we felt like we could stretch our wings"
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter