Video: The next Usain Bolt?
Is this Australian boy the fastest 12-year-old in the world? James Gallaugher was videoed running 100 metres in 11.72 seconds after catching up with a competitor who was 20m ahead in a relay race. He goes on to beat his rival by another 20m in the New South Wales primary school championships 4×100 metres.
The feat brings back memories of Alan Oliviera coming from behind to beat 200m world record holder Oscar Pistorius at this year’s Paralympics. As Eurosport pointed out, James would have won the gold medal if he had been running in the 1896 Olympics.
It is hard to work out whether he has broken a world record, but some are already calling him the next Usain Bolt.Tagged in: athletics, australia, James Gallaugher, olympics, Oscar Pistorius, paralympics, Usain Bolt
Recent Posts on Sport
- Ibet: Galatasary and Chelsea: Game Could Be Tight In Turkey
- Ibet: Newcastle struggling to cope with loss of Yohan Cabaye
- Time for Manchester City to step up to the plate
- The Football Lawyer: Once Brazilian players prove their European ancestry, it's still not easy for them to settle
- iBet: Manchester City Predicted To Set A New Goals Record
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter