“Mayan apocalypse: are there any facts behind this doomsday scenario? (No)”
An unusual example of a Headline Which Answers Its Own Question in the Guardian’s US News Blog, spotted by my esteemed colleague Paul Bignell.
Meanwhile, the evergreen series carries on, reaching number 890 with this gem:
Were aliens helping Hitler’s quest for world domination?…
Asked by the History Channel on 14 December (right). Via Paul Goodman.
Are smartphones too difficult for older people to use?
Number 892, asked by “Berfrois“:
Must philosophers be parents?
Spotted by Guy Longworth.
And number 893, asked by Channel 4, a documentary entitled:
Is our weather getting worse?
Watched with frustration by Mark Gatiss, the brilliant screenwriter of Doctor Who, who commented: “30 mins in & no attempt at an answer. Just archive footage of bad weather.”Tagged in: headline, qtwtain
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter