The top 12 most tweeted about Christmas programmes
Doctor Who, EastEnders and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring were the top three most tweeted about shows on the television over the Christmas period, according to figures from internet service provider littlebigone.com.
The Doctor Who Christmas special The Snowmen was mentioned 1,600 times on Twitter while the EastEnders Christmas special came in second place with 1,210 mentions.
Other shows tweeted about were Downton Abbey, The Royle Family and The Queen’s speech.
Despite setting the Twittersphere alight with discussion, overall Christmas day television viewing figures were down compared to previous years.
Here is the full list of the most tweeted about television over Christmas:
1. Doctor Who (1,600 mentions on Twitter)
2. EastEnders (1,210 mentions).
3. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (809 mentions)
4. Downton Abbey (395 mentions)
5. The Queen (365 mentions)
6. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (349 mentions)
7. The Snowman & The Snowdog (230 mentions)
8. Outnumbered (220 mentions)
9. Alice in Wonderland (203 mentions)
10. Lady and the Tramp (197 mentions)
11. The Royle Family (175 mentions)
12. The Choir: a Year with the Military Wives (154 mentions)
Tagged in: doctor who, Downton Abbey, EastEnders, Lord of the Rings, The Queen
Recent Posts on Arts
- Scottish Book Trust Ask the Author: Cathy MacPhail's
- Lost in the Riots Interview: ‘If you’d told us we’d be going to Europe with this band four times, we would've told you to bugger off!’
- Scottish Book Trust’s Children’s Book Blog
- Friday Book Design Blog: ABCD awards 2015
- Crowds at Lahore Lit Fest ignore bomb risks and raise hopes for Pakistan’s future
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter