Top of the posts: Doctor Who, toffs and postnatal depression
As the year draws to close, so too did the second series of US thriller Homeland, Charles Reynolds talked about the final installment of the series.
Christmas is a time when families gather round the television after a heavy meal to watch the festive treats on offer. This year Annalee Mather shared her thoughts on Call the Midwife Christmas special.
Meanwhile in the world of Westminster, as the continuing revelations of the Plebgate affair emerge, John Rentoul took a closer look at the facts behind the incident.
In relation to health, Liz Wise gave a harrowing account of suffering from postnatal depression but also how she recovered from it. She is now calling on new mothers to seek help if they have similar symptoms.
Here are the most read blogs from the past week, as determined by the stats
1. Review of Doctor Who ‘The Snowmen’ By Neela Debnath
2. Review of Homeland ‘The Choice’ By Charles Reynolds
3. Daniel Finkelstein: pathetic and wrong By John Rentoul
4. Review of Call the Midwife: ‘Christmas Special’ By Annalee Mather
5. Let’s play “taunt the toff” and never mind the facts By John Rentoul
8. People living in Aberdeenshire have best quality of life in Scotland By Alex Johnson
10. Video: One Pound Fish man releases Christmas single By Fionna McLauchlan
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter