iBet: Bristol Rovers trip ideal for Gillingham
Bristol Rovers v Gillingham, kick off 3pm
Lay Bristol Rovers at 2.9/1 with Betfair
With no firm team news available at the time of writing it would be unwise to take a financial position about today’s FA Cup fixtures and instead we will look at the league fixtures, where we know managers will field their strongest possible sides. Although League Two leaders Gillingham have lost their way a little with only three wins in their last eight, a trip to struggling Bristol Rovers presents an ideal opportunity for three points. Martin Allen’s men have easily the best away record in the division, with only one defeat in 12 and superb defence which has seen them concede only nine times. By contrast Bristol have the worst defensive record at home at this level – 21 goals conceded in 12 fixtures at the Memorial Stadium – and they are also rock bottom of the eight-match form table. Gillingham won the reverse fixture 4-0 – they will fancy their chances and slightly odds against 21/20 for the away win with BetVictor looks good value. Alternatively you can keep the draw on your side by laying Bristol at 2.9 to one with Betfair.
William Hill offer 4/7 that Mario Balotelli is still a Manchester City player on the first day of February, and 5/4 that he isn’t. AC Milan is the 5/2 favourite to be his next club with Paddy Power.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Football
- Ibet: Newcastle struggling to cope with loss of Yohan Cabaye
- Time for Manchester City to step up to the plate
- The Football Lawyer: Once Brazilian players prove their European ancestry, it's still not easy for them to settle
- The Football Lawyer: Uefa has made moves to stamp out racism, but only time will tell if they grow more forceful
- The Wasteland: Cruzeiro's Brazilian title triumph turns Rio and São Paulo into footballing tiddlers
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter