iBet: Bristol Rovers trip ideal for Gillingham
Bristol Rovers v Gillingham, kick off 3pm
Lay Bristol Rovers at 2.9/1 with Betfair
With no firm team news available at the time of writing it would be unwise to take a financial position about today’s FA Cup fixtures and instead we will look at the league fixtures, where we know managers will field their strongest possible sides. Although League Two leaders Gillingham have lost their way a little with only three wins in their last eight, a trip to struggling Bristol Rovers presents an ideal opportunity for three points. Martin Allen’s men have easily the best away record in the division, with only one defeat in 12 and superb defence which has seen them concede only nine times. By contrast Bristol have the worst defensive record at home at this level – 21 goals conceded in 12 fixtures at the Memorial Stadium – and they are also rock bottom of the eight-match form table. Gillingham won the reverse fixture 4-0 – they will fancy their chances and slightly odds against 21/20 for the away win with BetVictor looks good value. Alternatively you can keep the draw on your side by laying Bristol at 2.9 to one with Betfair.
William Hill offer 4/7 that Mario Balotelli is still a Manchester City player on the first day of February, and 5/4 that he isn’t. AC Milan is the 5/2 favourite to be his next club with Paddy Power.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Football
- A changing of the guards in English football: From Sir Alex Ferguson to Jose Mourinho
- Nike kit deal puts England at No 2 in the world (but which country is top?)
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- Anthony Knockaert and other examples of sporting justice
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter