Is he Clegg, or is he Kilroy?
Nick Clegg must have time on his hands, and a thick hide. How else to explain the gleeful announcement from LBC, a radio station with a weekly audience of 927,000, that the Deputy Prime Minister has agreed to make a half hour appearance every week, starting at 9.00 am on Thursday, for a live phone-in. He can expect some hostile questions.
The announcement has prompted the Labour MP, John Mann, to liken Mr Clegg to Robert Kilroy-Silk, who went from being a disgruntled Labour MP to a career in broadcasting, followed by an undistinguished term as a maverick MEP for the East Midlands. “He looks like Kilroy, he sounds like Kilroy, he acts like Kilroy. Both were invisible as East Midlands MEPs. In fact where is Kilroy? Is he Kilroy in disguise?” Mann inquired.Tagged in: kilroy, LBC, nick clegg, PM
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter