iBet: Back Swansea to keep things tight against Chelsea
Capital One Cup, semi-final first leg
Chelsea v Swansea, kick off 7.45pm, Sky Sports 1
Lay over 3.5 goals at 2.64 with Betfair
Swansea have a way of playing the top sides that works, and it’s based around keeping things tight. They have played nine Premier League fixtures against teams in the top half of the table and those games have produced only 17 goals. No-one has conceded fewer than the ten goals they have shipped against top half teams, and no-one has scored fewer than the seven they have scored. So although Chelsea look full of goals at the moment, especially at home, it suggests that this could be tighter than many imagine, especially as it’s a first leg match which means that Swansea will not go chasing the game even if they are one down. Chelsea could turn it on, but the betting value may be for Swansea to keep it respectable.
Novak Djokavic is a strong 5/4 favourite with Skybet to win the men’s title at the Australian Open Tennis, with Andy Murray 5/2 and Roger Federer 5/1. The ladies tournament has an even stronger favourite – Serena Williams goes off at even money. The action starts on Monday.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Football
- The Football Lawyer: Uefa has made moves to stamp out racism, but only time will tell if they grow more forceful
- The Wasteland: Cruzeiro's Brazilian title triumph turns Rio and São Paulo into footballing tiddlers
- From the Centipede to the Rat Hunter – How Brazil’s longest suffering club escaped from the wilderness
- Fifa threatens Brazil with World Cup expulsion (almost...)
- The Football Lawyer: Qatar 2022 compensation claims and the problem with quotas
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter