Cameron and Honda: What a difference a year makes.
“All of Britain’s car manufacturers – Nissan, Honda, Jaguar Land Rover with their announcement of more jobs in Merseyside – there isn’t a British car manufacturer that isn’t expanding at the moment,” an exuberant David Cameron told the BBC on one of his regional visits, a year ago this week. This morning, it was announced, sadly, that Honda is shedding 800 jobs in Swindon.Tagged in: honda, jaguar, land rover, nissan
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Nine Inconsequential Facts About Mark Menzies
- Red Princes and the Blue Princes
- What people who know are saying about the Crimea.
- Why Prince Charles can be relieved Tony Benn is no longer around.
- Tony Benn dead: Warm in his friendships, harsh in his judgements - and blessed with an obstinacy that was magnificent
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter