Why I Am a Zionist Too
I can’t remember when I first came across Tom Doran, but it was less than a year ago. One of the best things about Twitter is that it discovers new writing talent more efficiently than any other medium. In just 140 characters, his wit, intelligence and seriousness came through, and led me to some of the longer things he had written.
His article for Independent Voices on depression, for example, was outstanding.
Now he has excelled himself with the cover story for Jewish Journal of Los Angeles called “Why I am a Zionist”. It is beautifully written and shows some of the intellectual clarity and energy of the late Christopher Hitchens, which is an extravagant way of saying that I agree with every word of it.
Especially the last sentence, which is a masterpiece.
Photograph of Palestinian tent protest against planned Israeli settlement: AFP via BBCTagged in: israel, writing
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter