Jonathan Ross and an HMV rescue? Just asking makes Ross cross.
Jonathan Ross, not normally known to be coy, was in no mood to talk when contacted about a rumour that he is interested in a rescue bid for the high street chain, HMV.
“Some people I know are talking about it. I am not directly involved. I can’t say more than that,” he replied.
He began to sound cross when pressed on who these ‘some people’ might be. “I can’t say. Especially not to someone I don’t know who is ringing on my private number,” he said, with heavy emphasis on the last three words.
He added that he could not talk because he was in the middle of watching a film he had to review, but then replied with an emphatic ‘no’ when asked if it would suit him to talk later.
Another question about who ‘some people’ might be produced the sarcastic response: “Is English your first language?”
Neither confirmation, nor a denial.Tagged in: Jonathan Rossm HMV
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Why it took fewer pages to set out the laws Margaret Thatcher's government passed
- The day the police came for the man who now runs the Care Commission
- David Cameron and other virile swimmers
- Nadine Dorries's new business: an engineering consultancy that has become a media consultancy
- The day Boris Johnson nearly set about slaughtering London's foxes
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter