Video: There’s enough food for everyone if…
Did you know that the world produces enough food for everyone but not everyone has enough food? If you didn’t, a new campaign entitled Enough Food for Everyone IF aims to bring it to the top of the agenda at the upcoming G8 summit.
Enough Food for Everyone IF is a new campaign from a coalition of 100 charities seeking to raise awareness of world hunger. The campaign launches today and the group have created an animated video posing the question – “If there’s enough food for everyone, why are one in eight living with the pain of hunger?”
The video highlights four issues; aid, tax, land and transparency which are the root causes of world hunger and the group will be calling on David Cameron to use his presidency at the G8 summit to address these four issues.
For more information visit enoughfoodif.org/homeTagged in: Enough Food for Everyone IF, poverty, World hunger
Recent Posts on Health
- World Aids Day 2013: No time for complacency
- Living with Rett Syndrome: Trying to face some inevitable truths
- Living with Rett Syndrome: Walking in someone else's shoes
- The HPV vaccine: Preventing cervical cancer in the developing world
- Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness Day: Why we need to know about this breast cancer middle ground
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter