Is this the most inane interview in the history of football?
In the past few years, footballers and Twitter have often come together with controversial results.
From Ashley Cole’s infamous sweary swipe at the FA to the endless rantings of self-styled Twitter- aesthete Joey Barton, at some point or other players from most of the nation’s favourite teams have whipped up a frenzy in 140 characters or less.
Admittedly every ill-advised broadcast has been interspersed with a fair amount of talk about playing FIFA or going to Nandos but at least it could be argued that that provided the public with an insight into the strange world of their multi-millionaire idols – not something that could be said about today’s ‘#askgaston’ question and answer session with Southampton’s Uruguayan star Gaston Ramirez.
Was this the most inane interview in the history of football? While it would certainly seem pretty difficult to beat, here are some of the tweets so you can make your own mind up…ashley cole, Gaston Ramirez, joey barton, Southampton, twitter
Recent Posts on Football
- A changing of the guards in English football: From Sir Alex Ferguson to Jose Mourinho
- Nike kit deal puts England at No 2 in the world (but which country is top?)
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- Anthony Knockaert and other examples of sporting justice
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter