Is this the most inane interview in the history of football?
In the past few years, footballers and Twitter have often come together with controversial results.
From Ashley Cole’s infamous sweary swipe at the FA to the endless rantings of self-styled Twitter- aesthete Joey Barton, at some point or other players from most of the nation’s favourite teams have whipped up a frenzy in 140 characters or less.
Admittedly every ill-advised broadcast has been interspersed with a fair amount of talk about playing FIFA or going to Nandos but at least it could be argued that that provided the public with an insight into the strange world of their multi-millionaire idols – not something that could be said about today’s ‘#askgaston’ question and answer session with Southampton’s Uruguayan star Gaston Ramirez.
Was this the most inane interview in the history of football? While it would certainly seem pretty difficult to beat, here are some of the tweets so you can make your own mind up…ashley cole, Gaston Ramirez, joey barton, Southampton, twitter
Recent Posts on Football
- The Football Lawyer: The career of a Premier League footballer is similar to that of a City professional
- Ibet: Argentina Look The World Cup Bet At 13/2
- The Football Lawyer: Brazil, Qatar, Manchester City and FFP - some legal homework for the summer months
- Ibet: Sit Back And Enjoy As Real Madrid Take On The European Champions
- Ibet: Real Madrid To Get The Job Finished In Dortmund
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter