Video: Inspiring armless boy’s Olympic dreams
A boy from Afghanistan born without arms has revealed his desire to one day compete in the Olympics.
Abbas Karimi is only 14-years-old but he says that he wants to take part in the Paralympics and will not let his disability hold him back.
He is urging the government to support him and if Abbas gets the funding he needs will become the first swimmer to represent his country at the Games.Tagged in: Afghanistan, olympics
Recent Posts on Olympics
- Squash a 2020 Olympic Sport? : IOC Decision this Sunday 8th Sept.
- Why one year on from the Paralympic Games I will travel the length of the UK in my wheelchair
- The Ballad Of Paul Tierney
- A year on from the 2012 Olympics, a return to London and a return of the nerves, but for very different reasons
- Anthony Knockaert and other examples of sporting justice
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter