Video: Inspiring armless boy’s Olympic dreams
A boy from Afghanistan born without arms has revealed his desire to one day compete in the Olympics.
Abbas Karimi is only 14-years-old but he says that he wants to take part in the Paralympics and will not let his disability hold him back.
He is urging the government to support him and if Abbas gets the funding he needs will become the first swimmer to represent his country at the Games.Tagged in: Afghanistan, olympics
Recent Posts on Olympics
- Anthony Knockaert and other examples of sporting justice
- Oscar Pistorius and other fallen idols in the world of sport
- Paralympics: Some are only watching to get the gory details of how athletes acquired their impairments
- Controversial #Paralympics tweets: Crossing the line or just a bit of fun?
- How we're hoping to help inspire a generation at the Paralympics
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter