Jon Snow’s mother made salted custard
The trade magazine ‘Waitrose Kitchen’ reports a “horrendous” story about Jon Snow’s mother. Once, 60 years ago, she mistook salt for sugar and fed her five year old son salted banana custard, which was so awful that he can remember the taste even now.
For the avoidance of confusion, this is story is about the mother of the presenter of Channel 4 News, told by the man himself and has nothing to do with Jon Snow, hero of the fantasy epic A Game of Thrones. Nobody knows who his mother is.
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Why it took fewer pages to set out the laws Margaret Thatcher's government passed
- The day the police came for the man who now runs the Care Commission
- David Cameron and other virile swimmers
- Nadine Dorries's new business: an engineering consultancy that has become a media consultancy
- The day Boris Johnson nearly set about slaughtering London's foxes
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter