iBet: There could be plenty of goalmouth action at Bournemouth
Bournemouth v Portsmouth, kick off 3pm
Back both teams to score at 11/10 with Ladbrokes
Buy total goals at 3.3 with Spreadex
In a weekend when not too many matches stand out the best bet for big hitters might just be to back in-form Bournemouth at 1.3 with Betfair. However the rest of us will be looking for better prices than that and it’s fair to expect plenty of goalmouth action in this match-up as we have the best attack in the division up against the worst defence. Bournemouth have been brilliant under Eddie Howe and their tally of 53 goals in 30 games is the highest in the division. They also have the second best scoring record at home where their games average nearly three goals, and today they are up against the team who have conceded more goals away from home (29) than anyone else in League One. Portsmouth do score a few though, and over the whole season fans watching Pompey games have seen almost three goals a game.
I can’t see any obvious rickets in the Six Nations prices today but it would be a surprise if both games are not tight. It’s 8/5 that the first scoring play in the Scotland v Italy clash will be a Scotland penalty, and 13/8 (Coral) that Scotland win the game by 1-12 points.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: Look each way for value in The Cote D’Azur Open
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: We could have been on the tour of Siberia over past 72 hours
- Nike kit deal puts England at No 2 in the world (but which country is top?)
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter