The Day of Reckoning approaches
You need only mention Iraq on Twitter to get the full Iraqocaust, million died,* war criminal psychorama which is gearing up for the 10th anniversary of the invasion.
Iraq Inquiry Digest, for example, which used to be a website with an anti-war point of view that scrupulously collated information about the Chilcot inquiry, is now linking to a film timed to coincide with the anniversary that seems to be made by a 9/11 conspiracy crank. Called Iraq: War, Lies and Video, it is made by François Bringer, who has written a book called 11 September: Whistle-Blowers, ces agents qu’on a fait taire. My French isn’t great, but I don’t think that translates as “sensible” in any language.
These people are like a cult: they believe in the coming Rapture. The Hague is the New Jerusalem and one of its courts (I don’t think they know the difference between the ICC and the ICJ) the Last Judgement. One of them said to me on Twitter: “Those defending Blair & his neocon agenda of greed will have their day of reckoning soon.”blair rage, conspiracy theories, iraq, iraq body count
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter