iBet: Bayern Munich are incredible away from home
Arsenal v Bayern Munich, kick off 7.45pm, live ITV1
Lay Arsenal at 2.9/1 with Betfair
There’s little doubt that on their day Arsenal can be irresistible, but those days come along far too infrequently these days and although they need to win tonight against last year’s Champions League finalists, I don’t think they will. Arsenal beat Bayern 1-0 at home back in 2005, going out 3-2 on aggregate. But that was in the days of Vieira, Van Persie, Fabregas, Bergkamp and Henry, all of whom played. To put it bluntly, Arsenal do not have players of that quality any more. It’s widely accepted that the Bundesliga is fast closing the gap on the Premier League, and Bayern have been imperious on the domestic front this year and are 15 points clear at the top. They are the second favourites for the competition at 6/1 (Arsenal can be backed at 40/1) and their form away from home has been incredible. Bayern have only dropped two points in 11 away games (ten wins, one draw) and almost unbelievably have only conceded one goal, giving them an away day goal difference of plus 26.
All but one of the last eighteen games Hull have played in all competitions have produced three goals or fewer. Blackburn have been involved in ten consecutive games that have done the same. That suggests the Betfair price of 3.4/1 to one to lay over 3.5 goals in tonight’s Championship clash between the teams could be value.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter