iBet: Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund to serve up entertainment
Bayern Munich V Borussia Dortmund, kick off 7.30pm, ESPN
Back over 2.5 goals at 4/6
These two served up an unforgettable German Cup final last season in which Dortmund prevailed 5-2 and I can see more goals tonight. It should be noted that the Germans take their domestic cup far more seriously than the way in which many Premier League managers treat the Capital One Cup, and we can expect both teams to be at full strength. These two are the best in Germany, and they both have attacks that can trouble the best defences in Europe. Bayern have played 11 league games at the Allianz Arena this season, scoring at a rate of more than three goals a game. Dortmund are the joint highest scorers away from home with 27 goals in 11, and their fixtures on their travels have been highly entertaining, with action at both ends and an average of 3.8 goals per game. Dortmund are an attack-minded team and I think they will come to play, which should lead to an entertaining game.
There have been over 2.5 goals in nine of the last ten games in which Celtic have played. They take on Motherwell tonight, whose home games average nearly three goals. You can back over 2.5 goals at around 8/13.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Football
- A changing of the guards in English football: From Sir Alex Ferguson to Jose Mourinho
- Nike kit deal puts England at No 2 in the world (but which country is top?)
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- Anthony Knockaert and other examples of sporting justice
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter