iBet: Dundee’s problems are at both ends
Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League
Dundee v St Mirren, kick off 7.45pm
Lay Dundee at 2.65/1 with Betfair
This might not be the most glamorous football match taking place tonight, but it may represent the best value betting opportunity. St Mirren may only be two places above Dundee in the Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League, but they have accumulated more than twice as many points. Indeed Dundee’s season has turned into something of a disaster with only three wins from 28 league games. Their problems are at both ends – a powder-puff attack that has mustered only 16 goals – 12 less than anyone else – and they also have the worst defence having shipped 53 goals for a shocking overall goal difference of minus 37. And St Mirren are on a half decent run. They have only lost three of their last eight league games, putting them sixth out of 12 teams in the eight-match form table, and although their away record overall isn’t brilliant, they have only shipped 17 goals in 13 games on their travels, which is the second best away defensive record in the division. They should be confident of at least getting a draw against the basement boys.
The best prices you will get for English Premier League relegation are Reading 2/7 (Coral), QPR 1/3 (Paddy Power); Aston Villa 4/5 (Betway); Wigan Evs (Coral), Southampton 3/1(Ladbrokes), Sunderland 14/1 (BetVictor) and Norwich 16/1 (Bet365).
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter