iBet: Johnson’s men should have too much for Pool
Hartlepool V Yeovil, kick off 3pm
Lay Hartlepool at 2.4/1 with Betfair
Although Hartlepool are still in the League One relegation positions, they are on a fine run of form. Indeed although 22nd in the table, they are fourth in the eight-match form guide off the back of a run that has seen them lose only once in that period – a fine effort. The team is showing real spirit, but they may meet their match today against a Yeovil outfit in even better nick. Gary Johnson’s men are genuine contenders for automatic promotion and they are on a roll. Yeovil have triumphed in eight of their last 10 games, beating decent outfits like Coventry, Brentford and Sheffield United on the way. The bottom line here is that Yeovil are 30 points clear of today’s rivals and have a goal difference of plus 14 compared to Hartlepool’s worst-in-division minus 24. I make the home side a value lay here.
Oddschecker tell me that Chelsea have lost just one of their last 38 FA Cup games, but they do not have a good record at Old Trafford, having never won there in the FA Cup, losing on four of the five occasions and scoring just once. This is a fixture that produces goals though. The last six meetings between the two have produced 30 goals – an average of five per game. Ladbrokes are offering the best price in ‘the village’ on +2.5 goals at 3/4 when the teams play tomorrow.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter