iBet: Torquay’s Abysmal Form Makes Them ‘Lay’ Material
Torquay V Chesterfield, kick off 7.45pm
Lay Torquay at 1.84 to one with Betfair
Torquay are on an absolutely shocking run in League Two and it may pay to side against them once again tonight. Alan Knill’s men began having some serious injury problems in December and not a lot has gone right since then. They are rock bottom of the eight-match form table with no wins in that period. But a deeper look into their form tells a worse story still. Indeed Torquay lost seven in a row in February and alarmingly after a decent start to the season have won only one of their last 18 games. They are rarely beaten heavily, but it’s a run that has seen them drop down the table like a stone. And although they are five off the bottom, that’s only on goal difference as they have the same points as bottom club Accrington. They are in real danger and Chesterfield will fancy their chances. Paul Cook’s charges are comfortable in 11th place and although not scoring many, have won three of their last four and have only conceded three goals in their last eight games.
Ibet followers profited from laying Sebastian Vettel in the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix. With rain also likely to be a big player at the next race in Malaysia, won last year by Alonso, I’d be more likely to be a layer than a backer of the world champion again at the available 2/1.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go towww.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter