Ssh, tell no one: Tony Blair has written for The Staggers
On the front cover of today’s bumper centenary edition of the New Statesman there is a long list of the great and famous whose contributions can be found inside, such as Douglas Hurd, David Miliband, Tom Watson, Jon Cruddas, Mehdi Hasan, Laurie Penny and many more. What the cover does not reveal is that tucked away inside, on page 27, there is an essay by Tony Blair. Why would they want to keep it quiet?
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Nine Inconsequential Facts About Mark Menzies
- Red Princes and the Blue Princes
- What people who know are saying about the Crimea.
- Why Prince Charles can be relieved Tony Benn is no longer around.
- Tony Benn dead: Warm in his friendships, harsh in his judgements - and blessed with an obstinacy that was magnificent
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter