Irony: Not on Twitter
Once again, I have been caught out by the lack of a backward-sloping ironic typeface on my computer. I gathered, yesterday, that an association football manager had resigned, so I said on Twitter:
I don’t think Ferguson should have given in to media hysteria like this. He apologised for his tasteless comments about Keynes being gay.
The Evening Standard diarist thought that this was “unlikely” support for Niall Ferguson.
Just to clear up the confusion, I should say that Sir Niall (right) was quite right to seek a transfer to Chelsea.Tagged in: association football
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter