Eleven Labour MPs backed last night’s Tory rebel amendment. Another didn’t vote
These are Labour MPs who voted for the amendment regretting the absence of an EU referendum last night:
Austin Mitchell signed the amendment, but according to Hansard, he did not vote.
Other backers of the Tory rebels amendment were DUP MPs, Nigel Dodds, William McCrea, David Sampson and Sammy Wilson , George Galloway from Respect, and a sole Lib Dem, John Hemming.
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Why it took fewer pages to set out the laws Margaret Thatcher's government passed
- The day the police came for the man who now runs the Care Commission
- David Cameron and other virile swimmers
- Nadine Dorries's new business: an engineering consultancy that has become a media consultancy
- The day Boris Johnson nearly set about slaughtering London's foxes
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter