Obama Helping Resurrect Ottoman Empire?
The first paragraph is an unusual single-sentence long version:
Is Obama helping advance a grand plan by Turkey, with the support of Germany, to restore the Ottoman Empire, the Islamic caliphate that controlled much of southeast Europe, Western Asia and North Africa for more than six centuries?
Thanks to Tom Doran.
And thanks to Oliver Kamm, from whom I borrowed the QTWTAIN idea in the first place, for spotting number 956, asked by Foreign Policy:
The Bomb Didn’t Beat Japan… Stalin Did: Have 70 years of nuclear policy been based on a lie?
Is this proof that mermaids really do exist?
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter