In case you thought the House of Commons is a playground for overgrown boys….
This exchange is from this afternoon’s debate on the Charity Commission
Peter Bone (Con): I congratulate my hon. Friend and the Committee on producing such an excellent report—
Paul Flynn (Lab): You haven’t read it.
Mr Bone: There it is, Paul. I’ve read it—okay?
Barry Sheerman (Lab): We’ll test you on it.
Mr Bone: Madam Deputy Speaker, the suggestions being made from a sedentary position that I have not read the report are outrageous.
Madam Deputy Speaker (Dawn Primarolo): Mr Bone, I quite agree. Mr Sheerman, Mr Flynn, you have made your contributions, and shouting across the Chamber is not helpful.
Mr Sheerman: He spends his life shouting across the Chamber.
Madam Deputy Speaker: Well, the next time he shouts across the Chamber when I am in the Chair, I can assure you I will pick him up, as I do everyone. Mr Bone, you may continue.
Recent Posts on McSmith
- Why it took fewer pages to set out the laws Margaret Thatcher's government passed
- The day the police came for the man who now runs the Care Commission
- David Cameron and other virile swimmers
- Nadine Dorries's new business: an engineering consultancy that has become a media consultancy
- The day Boris Johnson nearly set about slaughtering London's foxes
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter