“Tony Blair: on balance a good prime minister”
The new edition of my biography of Tony Blair is published by Faber Finds today. There was an extract from the new Afterword in The Independent on Sunday, which concludes: “On balance, Blair was a good prime minister.”
The new edition includes a 20,000-word Afterword covering the period from 2001 to 2007, with a short section on Blair’s time since stepping down.
For the first time, the 2001 edition, which makes up the bulk of this volume, is now available as an e-book.
In addition, there are new appendices: “The Sayings of Tony Blair”, a collection of quotations; and an updated chronology.
The book will be launched at the Mile End Group at Queen Mary, University of London, at 6.30pm on Tuesday 2 July. If you would like to be there, please email email@example.com history, history, me me me, tony blair
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter