More woe for Nicole Scherzinger: One Direction film claims she founded band, not Simon Cowell
The violins really are out in force for Nicole Scherzinger at the moment. Not only is she said to be bereft following her split from Lewis Hamilton, but it transpires the former Pussycat Doll has not received enough credit for her role in founding boy band One Direction.
In a new documentary about the band, One Direction Going Our Way, Nicole is filmed at an awards ceremony saying: “When you have a mind like mine, and you knew that it would work. Come on, I’m not going to take credit, but I’m going to take credit.”
The clip is followed by Yahoo! Music managing editor Billy Johnson saying to camera: “I know it’s got to be tough for Nicole Scherzinger. She was right there on X Factor, I even believe it was her idea for the boy band…all the credit generally goes to Simon Cowell, we never hear Nicole’s name come up.”
One Direction Going Nicole’s Way is out on DVD on Monday 22 July, complete with an amazing free poster of Simon Cowell looking smug.
Recent Posts on Fame Feed
- Liz Hurley and Shane Warne: end of a tweet romance?
- Watch: New Mumford & Sons parody video ft Arrested Development's Jason Bateman and The Hangover's Ed Helms
- Peter Capaldi's letter to Radio Times in praise of Doctor Who, aged 15
- That's what makes you beautiful? One Direction launch make up range
- Backstreet's back, alright? Watch their new video
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter